A change of plans

   So I decided to go ahead a postpone my surgery date.  I didn't take it as bad as I thought I would.  There was still a possibility that I would have been able to make it happen financially, but I still chose to put it off a little while longer.  My new surgery date will be Dec. 10, 2018.  I had already started my pre-op  diet and I was doing really well with it.  I am down 6 pounds and I still plan on losing more.  I have 12 weeks until my surgery and if I can lose another 56 pounds, I will drop my BMI and the cost for my surgery will drop down five hundred dollars.  So now I am on a mission to do that.  In the mean time, I will continue to work crazy hours and save money.  I still plan on taking a vacation with my husband during the time we had scheduled for my surgery but now I will get to enjoy it a couple of days in a 4.5 start hotel and spa then we plan on traveling up the smoky mountains to visit family and see the sites for a few days.
   With my father's side of the family (the McCoy side)  being from the Virginia and Kentucky area,  I will be able to show my husband where my family comes from and I look forward to visiting the historic sites of the Hatfield and McCoy feuds.  We will spend our last week in a beautiful cabin overlooking the great smoky mountains.  It has a full kitchen, fire place, and hot tub.  The perfect place to enjoy some alone time with my husband and to do some more writing on my novel, plays, and other books. 
   I can't denie that I can't wait for some peaceful recoup time in the quite solitude of the great mountains.   I plan to do a little hiking, some fishing, and so shopping.  I also plan on visiting several civil war sites along the way.  Today I purchased a metal detector in hopes of locating some civil war bullets.  I have always been a civil war buff and I love anything history.  I know locating a bullet can be rare but I still want to look. Bullets won't be the only thing I will be looking for.  I plan on stopping at several antique shops in search of haunted and unusual items.  I've been collecting items now for our traveling  museum for some time now. I'm also hoping to find some artifacts from the Hatfield and McCoy feud. 
  So despite the fact that my surgery has been postponed, it is good in a way.  I no longer have to deal with the stress of rushing to make everything fall into place, stressing over money, or making my poor husband spend his vacation time dealing with me having surgery.  I will get to stay in a cabin in the woods to do some writing and exploring and recharge my battery. 
   So I will continue with my diet for now and I look forward to my surgery in December.   I won't have to worry about losing so many hours in October or worry about having to work to keep up with bills.  I won't have to worry about being so tired or ill during all of our book signing engagements, or being to week to teach my new paranormal class at the college.  I will have to put off returning to college (at least in a class room setting) in January, but I will still have my weight off when we start filming our YouTube series.  So my world had not came to and end and there is still a light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm not sitting in total shut down and depression from the date change.  I didn't lose my deposit I put down on my surgery and it will still be done.  I will just have to miss my husband being there and I know he will be stressing the entire time I am gone but I will have my best friend and nurse with me to keep an eye one me and help me through my transition since she herself had been through this journey herself.
   So the clock has reset, and it's now 14 weeks away.  Time to save more money, keep working my hours, and stick to my diet.  Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was the end of the world

Signing my Life away

The dreams that nightmares are made of